UNIVERSITY / INSTITUTE: Strayer University
CLASS / COURSE: LEG 500
(Law, Ethics & Corporate Governance)
You need to answer following questions on the basis of attached transcript of video and course study material:
1. Explain where an employee can reasonably expect to have privacy in the workplace.
2. In the office workplace there are typically two types of workspaces, an open area, in which there are several desks and where conversations can be overhead, or an enclosed office, in which—when the door is closed—conversations cannot be heard and where one would expect virtually total privacy. Explain whether it makes a difference if an employee is in an open area or in an enclosed office.
3. Explain if Herman’s need to know whether his salespersons are honest is a sufficient ground for utilizing electronic surveillance.
4. Explain to what extent an employer can engage in electronic surveillance of employees.
5. Explain to what extent the inclusion of innocent, unaware third-parties in such surveillance determine whether it is legal.
The format of the report is to be as follows:
o Typed, double spaced, Times New Roman font (size 12), one inch margins on all sides, APA format.
o Type the question followed by your answer to the question.
o In addition to the five (5) pages required, a title page is to be included. The title page is to contain the title of the assignment, your name, the instructor’s name, the course title, and the date.
NOTE: You will be graded on the quality of your answers, the logic/organization of the report, your language skills, and your writing skills.
1. Please type the question and put your response immediately after.This helps keep your paper organized and makes it easier to grade.
2. Pay attention to the page number requirements. You should have approximately one typed page for each question.
3. Write in APA format-you need RUNNING HEAD, page numbers, correct font size (12), References, etc...Again, please see the sample APA paper that I posted under "Student Center" for an APA refresher, if needed. Points will be deducted for improper or lack of APA format.
4. Answer the question as directly as possible. Don't go off on random ideas. DO NOT WRITE INTRODUCTIONS, ABSTRACTS, CONCLUSIONS, ETC, as these items are not required and will not be considered as part of your "page count"...Just answer the five questions as directly as possible.
5. Make sure you watch the videoin Week 3 and incorporate the facts from the video into your Assignment. Talk about what happened in the video and how it relates to the questions. Failure to mention the facts/scenario in the video will negatively affect your grade.
6. Sources-you don't need to go overboard and cite 50 sources for Assignment 1, but try to incorporate at least a few sources (textbook, website, journal, etc...). Wikipedia should NEVER be used as a source in an academic paper (see article under "Student Center"). Remember that you need to cite your sources in-text and in a Reference page. Examples of both can be found on the sample APA paper.
Have a great week and as always, please email me with any questions.
The other file has video transcript as well as some supportive material. The transcript of video can also be found at following link:
Employees of a firm are kept under constant check; they are often traced of their calls and mostly for the security......
SUBJECTS / CATEGORIES:
1. Business Law/Corporate Law
2. General Law
DOWNLOAD QUESTION FILE: