CLASS / COURSE: HRM
Assignment 2: Sales Force Compensation
Case: Morgan Stanley Case Study
For companies that have a mission of selling, a major objective is to motivate the salespeople. While that are many factors that go into motivating these people, one of the primary factors is the compensation plan that describes how they will be rewarded. Research a large organization’s sales force and its compensation plan.
Since its inception in 1935, Morgan Stanley has been a leader in investment management. The company provides a wide range of financial services for individuals and institutional investors. Morgan Stanley investment advisors educate clients at all stages of life in the benefits and risks of investing in mutual funds, stock, and bonds. Working with clients, they help to determine investment strategies based on goals and objectives, the time horizon for investing, and risk tolerance. The company relies primarily on a sales force skilled in the investment areas that hold specific licenses to sell securities.
Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you:
1. In order to motivate the sales force to produce the highest number of clients, describe six (6) features of an effective total rewards program.
2. Describe the behaviors of the sales force that are targeted with the compensation plan.
3. Assess how a value proposition is achieved for current and future employees in the plan you have outlined.
4. Based upon the type of plan you have created; indicate how attracted you think future salespeople may be to this plan.
5. Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
The six features of an effective total rewards program to produce the highest number of clients in Morgan Stanley......
SUBJECTS / CATEGORIES:
1. Human Resource
2. Business and Finance Case Studies