UNIVERSITY / INSTITUTE: Purdue University
CLASS / COURSE: OLS30000
This tutorial has Assignment 3 Risk Assessment of course OLS30000 Safety and Health for Engineering Technologies / Safety Class / Summer 2017 of Purdue University and includes Assignment 3
Assignment 3: Basic Risk assessment
This assignment/course project has three (3) parts: Part 1: Hazards analysis, Part 2: Prioritize Hazards, Part 3: One page report/Executive Summary.
Based on our risk assessment discussion, students are to identify five (5) hazards in daily life, workplace, etc and assign risk level for each of those identified hazard.
1) EXPLAIN identified hazard,
2) Assign risk level and discuss WHY you selected a specific risk level. In another words, each student is to discuss WHY he/she selected a specific frequency and severity level, (Use formula Risk Level = Severity X Frequency). Support your thoughts strongly with proper explanation and supportive material. Give in-text citations and references.
3) Based on Two-Stage approach, he/she would come up with a control measure. Please understand two stage models very well and then apply it here to come up with control measure for hazard.
You should have minimum 300 words for each hazard in Part 1 and cover above three points of part 1 satisfactorily with proper explanation.
Once you identified and assigned risk level for five (5) hazards, you are to prioritize them:
Hazard 5 (Tripping hazards on the ramp) Risk Level 25 = Severity of 5 x Frequency of 5
Hazard 2 (Silica exposure at apartment construction) Risk Level 20 = Severity of 4 x Frequency of 5
Develop this document as a "stand alone document." Meaning the document needs to contain TITLE, FROM, TO, DATE, A BRIEF INTRODUCTION, etc.
Upon completion of Part 1 and 2, each student is to develop One Page Report/Executive Summary. Before you develop this document, please make sure:
1) Know what TYPE of document you are to develop. Eg: Request, Recommendation, Informational, Status, etc.
2) Know WHO you are to submit this document to,
3) Develop as if a reader of this document has no idea what this is for, etc.
Completed Solution is attached. Click on Buy button and then download file to get full solution.
SUBJECTS / CATEGORIES: