CLASS / COURSE: CSCI 105
1. Explain crowd sourcing. Give at least 3 examples of crowd sourcing projects. Explain at least 3 benefits of crowd sourcing.
2. For each of the following, determine whether the practice is legal, illegal, or iffy. Defend your answer.
a. You sell a copy of a computer game to a friend.
b. You forward an email from your boss to a coworker without permission.
c. You sell you old PC with the software still on it, but you keep the original copies of the software.
d. You download a piece of shareware but don’t pay for it.
e. You frequently use a piece of shareware but don’t pay for it.
f. You install your company’s software on your home computer.
g. You frequently play a freeware game.
h. You install software on your computer and the laptop of your college-bound sibling using the same disk.
i. You copy a picture posted on Tumblr and add it to your personal Web page.
j. You buy one license and install it on computers throughout a lab.
3. For each of the following, determine whether the practice is legal or illegal.
a. You create a comical, big-eared cartoon rodent.
b. You publish a Web page without using the copyright notice.
c. You write a sequel to Titanic.
d. You include a link to a Web page in your term paper.
e. You include a paragraph from the Fluency text in your term paper.
f. You accept money for a derivative you made of a piece of artwork with a noncommercial Creative Commons license.
g. You scan the autographed picture of your favorite band and put it on your Web site.
h. You put a sound bite from a movie on your phone’s ring tone.
i. You put a sound bite from a movie into your class presentation.
j. You use parts of your friend’s term paper from last semester in your term paper.
4. Use the Web to find rules on netiquette. From these, develop your own list of rules.
5. Explain how vendors make a profit from open source software.
For the following questions use the Web to find information on a few of the most popular Internet social networks. I want you to think about what makes them unique, and in what areas they overlap.
In your own words, what is Facebook? What purpose does it serve?
Who created Facebook? Who owns it?
What are some of the differences between Facebook and MySpace?
In your own words, what is Twitter?
Who created Twitter? Who owns it?
How does being someone's friend on Facebook differ from following someone on Twitter?
In your own words, what is Reddit?
Who created Reddit? Who owns it?
What are some of the differences between Reddit, Pinterest, and Tumblr?
Completed Solution is attached. Click on Buy button and then download file to get full solution.
SUBJECTS / CATEGORIES:
1. Computer Information System
2. Information Technology System
3. Web Designing and Development