4. You are the president of a start up company specializing in computer peripherals such as optical backup units, tape drive, signature verification systems, and data transfer devices. Construct the Organizational Work Break downs and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each.
5. A basic intention of Total Quality Management (TQM) is worker empowerment. Develop a - reward system for motivating factory workers to do their jobs more conscientiously and take more responsibility.
6. Interpersonal skills playa major.role on the performance of the employee and the completion of the job. Read the following passage and answer the subsequent questions.
Interpersonal skills include the habits, attitudes, manners, appearance, and behaviors we use around other people which affect how we get along with other people. We sometimes do not understand how important interpersonal skills really are. It's easy to laugh and make jokes about people who obviously lack interpersonal skills, but sometimes we need to examine our own impressions on others to better prepare for success in life as well as for a productive career.
The development of interpersonal skills begins early in life and is influenced by family, friends, and our observations of the world around us. Television and movies also influence this area, but most of these characteristics are passed along to us by our parents or guardians. Some aspects of interpersonal skills are even inherited. Appearance and some personality traits are largely influenced by our genes.
For us to improve our interpersonal skills, we must first be aware of what we are like from the perspective of other people who interact with us. Habits we are unaware of, actions we think go unnoticed, and other things about us that might affect other people are impossible for us to change if we are not aware of them. One of the things that teachers try to do, starting in the early grades, is to help students correct bad habits and to develop good interpersonal skills.As we become adults, it increasingly becomes our own responsibility to initiate any changes in interpersonal skills that might be needed. They are more important than ever and they greatly influence both opportunities and success. It's just that rather than trying to change interpersonal skills, as is the case when we are children, adults tend to make judgments about one another based on interpersonal skills without explicitly saying that is the case. Examine the pictures below and answer the questions for each ofthem. Write down your responses so that they can be used during a class discussion.
1. How important are interpersonal skills for this line of work?
2. What will happen if this person has poor interpersonal skills?
3. Would the education and training this person had in preparing for their career help them improve interpersonal skills?
1. Are interpersonal skills important in the careers that these people are racticing?
2. What happens if interpersonal skills are lacking?
3. If you were going to employ the person on the left, what kind of interpersonal skills would you want him to have?
1. Do you think this person has good interpersonal skills?
2. What kinds of interpersonal skills would be important in his work?
3. What happens if interpersonal skills are lacking?
1. List some of the kinds of interpersonal skills that are needed in this work.
2. Have you ever visited someone in this occupation who did not have good interpersonal skills? If so, what was it like?
3. Are interpersonal skills in this work optional or do they playa role in the actual suc;ce:ssof the job being performed?
1. Is this person likely to have good interpersonal skills?
2. What opportunities have you had to observe the interpersonal skills of someone this line of work?
3. Based on what is shown on television, how are good interpersonal skills helpful this job? Does television provide an accurate portrayal of this job?