CLASS / COURSE: MTH 157
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
Find the odds.
1) When a single card is drawn from an ordinary 52-card deck, find the odds in favor of getting a red 1)
10 or a black 6.
A) 1 : 25 B) 2 : 25 C) 1 : 12 D) 1 : 13
2) Given that P(A) =
, what are the odds against A occurring? 2)
A) 35 : 1 B) 35 : 36 C) 36 : 1 D) 1 : 35
3) Two dice are rolled. Find the odds that the score on the dice is either 7 or 12. 3)
A) 1 : 5 B) 1 : 1 C) 19 : 17 D) 7 : 29
Solve the problem.
4) The amount of soda a dispensing machine pours into a 12 ounce can of soda follows a normal 4)
distribution with a mean of 12.15 ounces and a standard deviation of 0.10 ounce. The company
receives complaints from consumers who actually measure the amount of soda in the bottles and
claim that there is less than the advertised 12 ounces of soda. What proportion of the soda cans
contain less than the advertised 12 ounces of soda?
A) 0.4332 B) 0.0668 C) 0.9332 D) 0.5668
5) A pool of possible jurors consists of 11 men and 16 women. How many different juries consisting of 5)
5 men and 7 women are possible?
A) 6,652,800 B) 24,036,660 C) 17,383,860 D) 5,285,280
6) If each angle of a regular polygon measures 150°, how many sides does it have? 6)
A) 7 sides B) 14 sides C) 2 sides D) 12 sides
Which property (if any) should be used to show that the triangles are congruent?
A) SSS B) ASA
C) SAS D) Not necessarily congruent
Give an appropriate answer.
8) Find a traversable path that begins at vertex E. 8)
A) E D A B C A F B) E F A B C A D E
C) E D A C B A F E B D) No such path exists.
Provide an appropriate response.
9) Must this figure be a rhombus? 9)
A) Yes B) No
10) Consider LAE and EFK. What can you conclude about these angles? 10)
A) They are a pair of vertical angles. B) They are acute angles.
C) They are a linear pair of angles. D) All of the above
Find the z-score for the given raw score, mean, and standard deviation. Assume a normal probability distribution.
11) Raw score = 15, μ = 16 , and = 2 11)
A) 0.81 B) 0.5 C) -0.5 D) -0.69
Decide which of the variables described is likely to have a normal or near-normal distribution.
12) a. The heights of the fans at a highly anticipated basketball game 12)
b. The viewership of channels 202 to 550 on Direct TV at 7:00 PM CDT
on the third Thursday in August 2000
A) a B) b C) both a and b D) neither a nor b
Answer the question. The figure is not drawn to scale.
13) Find the measure of P. 13)
A) 30° B) 10°
C) 20° D) Not enough information is given.
Determine whether the situation calls for a discrete or continuous random variable.
14) The number of phone calls between New York and California on Thanksgiving day 14)
A) Discrete B) Continuous
Find d in simplest radical form.
A) 14 B) 10 C) 2 5 D) 14
16) Right square pyramid with equilateral triangular faces 16)
A) 4 3 B) 4 2 C) 8 2 D) 8 3
Refer to the figure and provide an appropriate name for the indicated angle(s).
17) 3 and 7 17)
A) Alternate exterior angles B) Complementary angles
C) Supplementary angles D) Alternate interior angles
Refer to this figure to answer the question. Line DH is parallel to line IM. Line BO is perpendicular to line DH.
18) mIJN is 51°. What is the measure of JEF? 18)
A) 51° B) 39°
C) 129° D) Can't determine
Solve the problem. Give your answer to the nearest thousandth if necessary.
19) The length of a garden is 24 meters, and the width is 7 meters. Find the diagonal distance across the 19)
A) 25 meters B) 24 meters C) 30 meters D) 26 meters
Use the properties of parallel lines to solve the problem.
20) If p q and m8 = 52°, what are the measures of the other angles? 20)
A) m2 = m4 = m6 = 52°, m1 = m3 = m5 = m7 = 38°
B) m2 = m4 = m6 = 52°, m1 = m3 = m5 = m7 = 138°
C) m2 = m4 = m6 = 52°, m1 = m3 = m5 = m7 = 128°
D) m5 = m6 = m7 = 52°, m1 = m2 = m3 = m4 = 128°
Completed Solution is attached. Click on Buy button and then download file to get full solution.
SUBJECTS / CATEGORIES:
2. Quantitative Techniques
DOWNLOAD QUESTION FILE: